2011年12月13日星期二

A Pirates Quest for the Perfect Room

When my son was four years old, he became a chameleon who could merge in and out of different characters at the drop of a hat. I knew in an instant whether he was Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, or Prince Daniel from Swan Lake. He donned costumes most days of the year, bringing the joy and excitement of Halloween to our house on a regular basis. My husband and I became immune to the silliness of it all, not batting an eye when he emerged from his bedroom wearing only his skivvies equipped with a pirate hat, patch and sword, yelling, "Walk the plank!" We rc flying shark even added vinyl wall art to his playroom depicting many of these famous characters. Along with his propensity to transform into various movie and book characters, his urge for control of all situations emerged. He was a man in charge of his domain, the master of his ship, the caller of the proverbial shots. Daily meals, tasks, and routines became a battle of wills between me and a four-year-old. I'd like to think that I had the upper hand in these daily negotiations, the highly educated, worldly woman that I am. But, truth be told, I must admit that child can argue like there is no tomorrow and surely has a future as a highly successful trial lawyer.As my son's fascination with pirates grew, we found ourselves moving to a new town and purchasing a new house. The entire family was reveling in the glory of this new house. I was giddy Air Swimmers as I painted every room in the house with fresh, hip colors and applied vinyl wall decals to the nursery of the unborn sibling growing inside me. My husband could hardly sleep nights as he planned his landscaping ventures for the next six months, and our beautifully precocious son was charged with decorating his very own bedroom.That's right. He could choose the colors, the theme, the art, the furniture. Everything was up to him! A dream come true for a four-year-old and a true victory for his mom, who was going to use her best skills to con him into the little boy's bedroom of her very own dreams. When he requested pink walls, I gently reminded him that Peter Pan's favorite color was rc air swimmers blue and wouldn't he like to have a blue room? Well, yes, in fact he did! When he chose Barbie vinyl wall decals, I pulled up hundreds of examples of pirate-themed vinyl wall art. It wasn't long before his bedroom was transformed into a real pirate's cove. Vinyl wall art provided the inspiration as well as the art upon the walls. Swords regally marked Remote Control Air Swimmer the closet doors, a pistol pointed to the light switch, a jolly roger hung over the toy box. Since I cannot call myself an artist, I would have to say that vinyl wall decals saved me from walking the plank!

没有评论:

发表评论